"Your information will only be provided to the product supplier(s) you select. We will never pass your information onto anyone, except the supplier(s)/installer(s) you explicitly select, following successful completion of a competitive process via our platform.”
“We may send you emails walking you through the sizing, selection and procurement process, asking you for feedback. We may send updates on the clean energy industry, and occasional offers we think may be of interest to you. Every email will have a prominent unsubscribe link, so you can easily opt-out, if you don't want to receive them any more."
And here's the long version:
1. We are committed to protecting your privacy. We have set out what information we collect about you when you visit our website and how we use that information below.
2. If you visit our website, we may collect certain information for analysis purposes, including—
2.1. How many times you visit our website, what pages you view, how you interact with the pages, and how long you stay on our website;
2.2. Details about what kind of browser and other software you are using to visit our website; and
2.3. Your IP address.
3.1. Enable us to monitor traffic patterns, user actions (like how many people submit a form) and to identify your computer when you return to our website. Cookies do not identify you personally, but they do identify your computer. Most browsers accept cookies automatically, but usually you can alter the settings of your browser to prevent automatic acceptance. If you choose not to receive cookies, you may not be able to use certain features of our website.
3.2. Engage in remarketing to market our sites across the web. Users with a remarketing cookie may be targeted across advertising networks to receive relevant advertisements. You may opt out of this ad serving using the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) opt-out page (http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp) or you can opt out of just the Google Remarketing program by using the Google Ad Preference manager: http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp. You can also use the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on tool to opt out of the Google Remarketing program.
4.If you choose to provide us your details using the 'Get a Quote' form, we will collect the information that you provide using that form, including—
4.1. Your name, addresses (including personal, postal, and prospective installation addresses), phone number, and e-mail address;
4.2. What products you select, based on the business case we provide;
4.3. What time frame you have for purchasing products;
4.4. Whether or not you own the roof space where such a system would be installed;
4.5. Details about the roof space where such a system would be installed (such as the size of the roof, which direction it is facing, what type of roof it is, the slope of the roof, how many storeys is the relevant building);
4.6. What requirements you have with respect to the system (including minimum power output and certain other features); and
4.7 Any data you provide on electricity usage patterns; and
4.8. Any other details that you choose to provide to us using the form;
4.9. Use it for the purpose of matching you with suitable suppliers, who will request information via the site, to enable them to provide you with a quote.
5. We will only collect your personal information by lawful and fair means.
6. We may store the information that you provide us (as described at Clause 4) on servers hosted overseas when carrying out any of the uses described in this Policy.
7. If you choose to provide us with a review of our service or of the goods or services you receive from one of a supplier, we may store that review and post it to our website.
8. If you provide us with your name and email address we will store your name and email address and use it to send you occasional newsletter emails until such time as you inform us that you want to unsubscribe using the unsubscribe link at the end of every newsletter email.
9. We may monitor the content of any email you send to us for troubleshooting or maintenance purposes, or if we suspect any form of email abuse. We will preserve the content of any email you send to us if we believe we have the legal requirement to do so.
10. Except as specified above, we will not sell or otherwise provide your personal information to a third party without your permission, or make any other use of your personal information, for any purpose that is not incidental to your use of our website. To avoid doubt, we will never use your personal information for any purpose not listed in this Policy, or that a reasonable person in your position would not expect.
11. In certain circumstances, we may aggregate the personal information that we store for the purposes of analysis, but, if we do, we will ensure that the information is made anonymous first.
12. If you request us not to use personal information in a particular matter or at all, we will comply with your request. However, we may still use your information if—
12.1. We subsequently notify you of the intended use of your information and you consent to that use; or
12.2. We believe that the use of your information is reasonably necessary to assist a law enforcement agency or an agency responsible for government or public security in the performance of its functions; or
12.3. We are required by law to do so.
13. If you request us not to use personal information in a particular matter or at all, and that personal information has been disclosed to an overseas recipient (as described at Clause 6), we will take all reasonable steps to comply with your request.
14. We will keep all of your personal information confidential to the best of our ability while it is in our possession. However, we cannot and do not guarantee the security of your personal information as it is passing over the Internet.
15. You are entitled to have access to any of the personal information that you have previously supplied to us and that is in our possession, and you are entitled to change or delete such information except where we are required by law to retain it.
16. Do not call register: For the purposes of the Do Not Call Register Act 2006 (if it applies) – by submitting your contact details, including your telephone number, via our quotation request form - you will have expressed or deemed consent to be contacted if required.
BOOMPower P/L, ACN: 616 801 024